Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happy Saturday! Zumba and some goodies from Target!



Happy Saturday!

I was lucky enough to not have to work today! Yay! I love when I have Saturdays off! Normally if I have a Saturday off I am definitely going to sleep in for as long as I can . . . which is usually 'til about 11:00! (If you don't already know - I have a major sleeping problem. I can NEVER fall asleep so on the weekends I try to catch up when I can) Earlier in the week my sister, Jill asked me if I wanted to go to Zumba with her at my old church. I have always been kind of interested in taking Zumba but at my gym there are big open doors into the studio where everyone can watch you! It doesn't bother me if I'm taking a weight lifting class in there but if I'm going to be shaking my booty I really don't want everyone to see that! So I tried it for the first time today. It was really fun! It was a really good mix of music! It wasn't a hard workout but it was really fun! Definitely something to add into my routine!

After Zumba I went to Target. I went with a couple of things in mind. I had been seeing ads for a new Garnier BB Cream that I wanted to try. (If you don't know what a BB Cream is I will explain in just a minute) I also wanted to get a new magazine. I get a new magazine pretty much every week. Also, Dave told me when he was in Target a couple days ago he saw some white chocolate m&m's and he wished he would have bought them. So those were the 3 things I had in mind. Luckily I found all 3! I also picked up two new workout tank tops.


















Earlier in the month I ordered a couple workout tops (or what I thought were workout tops) from Victoria's Secret - big mistake! I have ordered ribbed tank tops from VS in the past and really liked them. In fact I've been wearing the same ones from Victoria's Secret for about 4 or 5 years now. They were really good quality and had pretty many colors to choose from. But they were starting to get dingy. So I thought I would go ahead and order some from there again since I had such good luck with them last time. Well . . . I didn't have quite the same experience this time around. While ordering them I noticed the price was $25.00 or 2/$40.00. I thought that seemed expensive but I was already ordering a bathing suit from that site and with the added cost of the shirts it would have given me free shipping. So I ordered them. They definitely weren't the same shirts as last time and they definitely weren't worth the $40.00! They were a different material. They were really, really thin and see-thru. I was really disappointed and had to return them. Booo :( But while I was at Target today I looked at their tank tops and theirs were much better! Only $9.00 each and not see-thru! So I got a bright purple and bright fushia.

Ok, onto the BB Cream. BB Creams started in Asia. They are kind of like a tinted moisturizer. But with regular use they're also supposed to help with unevenness and dark spots and such. I don't allow myself much time for applying makeup in the morning. Most days I don't wear any. I probably should though because I don't have the greatest skin! So the thought of using a product that lightly covers imperfections and also (somehow) fights dullness, and discoloration sounds good to me! Like I said, it's an asian thing but more and more brands are coming out with them. One thing that made me nervous about trying them is that there was just one color choice. You don't pick from 12 shades like you would a foundation or even 3 shades like light, medium, or dark. There is only one shade. Well, one time when ordering something from Sephora online I was picking out my "3 free samples" at checkout and one was of a BB Cream by the brand Dr. Jardt or something like that. I had REALLY bad luck with it! It made me break out in a rash. For about 3 days after I used it I my chin and jaw were covered in itchy red bumps! I was really bummed. But recently I started seeing ads for a BB Cream from the Garnier brand. I already use Garnier for face wash and moisturizer and really like it so I figured I would give their BB Cream a shot! They actually have two shades to choose from. Target only had the Medium/Deep shade so that's what I went with. It didn't look like it would be too dark, plus I would probably use my Beauty Blender sponge to apply it which helps make it go on really light and sheer. I will let you girls know how it is once I try it!





















Well, that's been my day so far! I think Dave and I are going to go for a walk now since it's actually sunny out! Hope you all enjoy the rest of your Saturday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment