Thursday, March 29, 2012

Monthly Subscription Series: Birchbox

Hello there!

So today I'm going to tell you about Birchbox. I've been subscribed to them for over a year now and they were the very first monthly subscription that I signed up for. Birchbox is $10/month and it always includes one full size product and 4 or 5 more sample (small) sized products. I think I've been subscribed to them for probably about 14 or 15 months and probably 10 of those boxes have been great and about 5 of them not so great. So it is kind of hit or miss. But mainly hit!

I remember one time getting a box that probably had about $60 worth of great product in it and the box was only $10! Sometimes the boxes are amazing!

The other great thing about Birchbox is that they have a points system. None of the other monthly subscriptions that I'm signed up to have a points system. Anytime you have a friend sign up you get 50 points. Any time you order anything your points are matched to the price. If I order something that costs $30 then I get 30 points. I also think you get 10 points every month because of the $10 for the cost of the monthly service. Oh yea, AND you get 10 points every time you review a product from you box! So there are quite a few ways to get points! Every 100 points you have = $10 you can use toward a future purchase. (if you get a product in your box that you like you can order the full size version from their site. And if you have points you can use them toward the product. Basically, if you save your points you can get products for free!) I've ordered a few things from Birchbox. And they're always things I would have never found without having this service. It's always brands I've never heard of.

I feel like I've overloaded you with information so I'm just going to go ahead and show you some pictures of what you can expect if you sign up.
















It always comes in a cute pink box. In the picture it shows "teen vogue" on the box. Sometimes they do collaborations with other companies. Last month they collaborated with Teen Vogue.















The inside of my box. It's always wrapped in pink tissue paper.















I got a Tarte Lip Surgence Lip Tint which costs $24.00















I also got an Essie Luxeffects full size Nail Polish which costs $8.00. Sometimes there are more than one full size product. But there is always at least one.















I also got a sample vial of Annick Goutal Petite Cherie perfume. It smells SO good!















Then the last couple things were just small little random things. A Twistband hair tie and Shiseido oil blotting papers. I'm guessing this box is probably worth about $35.00. So it's always well over the $10.00 you pay for it. You can cancel the service at any time if you wish.

Overall I think this is a pretty great service! If anyone wants to sign up here's my link for "inviting friends". . .

Hope you all are enjoying the nice weather! My next post will have a couple yummy recipes so be on the lookout! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment