Thursday, March 15, 2012

Chicken Salad and Sunshine!


Hello! I am so behind on my blogs! I have lots of recipes to share with you but I've been super busy! I'm hoping to get caught up soon! I was looking through some pictures of food and realized that I do have one recipe that I actually created! Even if it's only chicken salad it still counts, right?!
















Start with some shredded chicken. I take the easy way out and buy one of those rotissere chickens from the grocery store and just pull the meat off the bone. They have a few different seasonings to choose from. I always get the lemon pepper because I imagine that is the one with the least amount of flavor. I don't really want it to have a certain flavor (like BBQ or something) because I mix it with other things to give it flavor anyway. You can bake, grill, etc. your own chicken. I just don't b/c I'm not fond of cooking meat. I don't know if it's that I'm not good at it or if it's just that I'm too impatient to cook it.















Here's all my pulled chicken!















And here are the mix-ins. Craisins, almonds, and Vegenaise. I have no idea how much craisins I use. I just eyeball it. I use the whole pack of slivered almonds. I think it's about 2 or 2.5 oz. And I also eyeball the vegenaise. I don't like my chicken salad to be too wet. I keep mine on the dryer side. But you can make it however you want. The vegenaise is in place of mayonnaise. I'm not a fan of mayo. The smell makes me cringe. I also don't like the texture (which is probably why I keep my chicken salad on the dry side). I can handle the vegenaise a little better. It's supposed to be a little better for you too.















Ta da! It makes for an easy lunch. I eat it on crackers and usually have an apple on the side. Easy and tasty!

On another note. . . I have been painting my nails a lot lately! Which isn't normally my thing. In the past, I used to only paint my nails once or twice a year. I've probably painted my nails once a week for the last couple of months. I finally came to a conclusion. I think I've been painting my nails a lot lately because I haven't been going to the tanning bed anymore. I know that sounds really weird. But I think since I haven't had that form of sunshine/color/vitimin D, I've replaced that with painting my nails a fun color. I feel like it gives me that little rush or burst of energy that the tanning bed gives. Here are some pics I took of my nails today while I was outside enjoying this amazing whether!














It was in the 70's today and it felt great!!! I have Trout Pout by Butter London my fingers and Now You Sea Me by L'Oreal on my toes. It brightens my day a little!















My feet basking in the sun along with some dandelions my nephews picked today! I know I just said I haven't tanned in months but I think I'm going to start going again real soon. I need to get some color so I don't fry when I go to Florida in May! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment