Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Miami Day 2

Our second day at Miami started by going to a local breakfast place called Bagel Bar.  It was very Jewish.  Most of the workers were Jewish.  I told you in my last post that there are a lot of Cuban's in Miami.  Well, there are a lot of Jewish people as well.  Anyway, it was just a typical little cafe/breakfast bar.  After we had breakfast we layed around the pool for about an hour and then it was time to head to Iron Flower for my first workout!  

When I go on vacation I still like to workout.  I would be the meanest, grumpiest person ever if I skipped more than 2 or 3 days of working out!  So before we left for Miami I did an online search of local gyms.  I found one called Iron Flower that had a TON of classes to offer and then realized it was in walking distance of where we were staying!  Sweet!



Here's an idea of what it's like when you walk in . . . 
It is so cool!  Hot pink couches and chairs, metallic silver couches, fancy chairs, bright pink rugs, etc!  It was awesome!  It's a girls only gym, by the way!  Haha!


They even had this bar/kitchen area!  There was a little sign on the bar explaining how you can have your birthday or bachelorette party there!  You could take a two hour class (anything from Zumba to Pole Dancing) and then have champagne and food, etc.  Sounds right up my alley!

On this day I took a TRX (suspension) class.  I had never taken a TRX class before . . . probably because I live in Kentucky and it takes us 10 years to catch up to everyone else on the fads.  We usually get things once they're not "cool" anymore.  So lame!  Anyway, my gym actually has a couple TRX systems and every now and then I'll do a few exercises on them but they don't offer a class.  I loved that after taking this class in Miami I was able to come home and do more exercises on the system on my own.




After class we spent more time in the pool!


I'm right where I want to be!  In the hot sun!  :)



We spent the majority of the day in the pool.  That evening Dave's sister made us the best pasta dish!  It was sooo good!  It was actually very similar to a couple different dishes that Dave and I make.  I guess we all have the same taste in food!  Her dish was comprised of big flat noodles, pesto, pine nuts, mozzarella cheese, little yellow tomatoes, and parmesan cheese.  It was delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment