Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Miami Day 3

We started off the day driving to the Beach.  On the way to the beach we stopped at Buenos Aires which is a Cuban coffee shop.  Cindy kept telling us how good their pastries were and I kept thinking how I didn't really want to start my day off with a big, rich, pastry. . . but I was pleasantly surprised!  First of all, the place was packed!  It must be a local favorite.  It was crazy - you had to get a ticket like you do at the Deli!  Haha!  Cindy told us to sit and she would pick out the pastries for us.  She came back with about 10 small pastries for us to sample.  They were SO good!  They were the perfect amount of sweet.  They weren't overly sweet like most pastries.  Dave and Cindy also had little espresso shots of some sort of Cuban espresso.  I'm not a coffee drinker but Dave said it was pretty good!  And VERY strong!




The beach was a bust!  :(  We were there for an hour or two and it was nothing but clouds so we headed back to the house.  As soon as we got home it was nothing but sunshine so we headed straight for the pool!



After spending all day in the pool we were finally ready for dinner. Dave and I went on our own little date that night.  Cindy and Roberta highly recommended that we try a little (and I mean little) place right up the road called Blue Collar.  It was a new little restaurant that was connected to a hotel - but was not affiliated with the hotel.  It was a limited menu but everything was fresh!



I wasn't all that hungry so I picked a few things from their "Veg Chalkboard" which is basically a list of about 20 or so different vegetables (and 1 fruit).  There were a few common items on the menu like Gilled Asparagus, Roasted Carrots with Maple Sauce, etc.  But there were also some unusual choices like Buttered Baby Bok Choy (I've never had bok choy ever!), and Curried Cauliflower Puree.  I ended up getting a mix of both common and uncommon choices . . .Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges, Curried Cauliflower Puree, and The Fresh Fruit Salad with Honey and Yogurt.  It was all great!  I didn't get a picture of Dave's order but he had the Grilled Mahi Mahi which was sooo juicy and delicious!  He also had the Sweet Potato Wedges and Grilled Asparagus.  It was a great meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment