Saturday, June 9, 2012

May Favorites and Dave's Birthday Treats!


Hey guys!!!

I'm still taking a break from the Miami trip recap!  I just have so much other stuff going on that I want to share with you guys.  Some time in the near future, I will finish it!  But for now I want to talk about my May Favorites!



I'm pretty sure I've mentioned my love for lip products in some previous posts.  It started at a very early age (Jill and Sarah keep your mouth shut)!  Haha!  My sisters, along with the rest of my family, are always making fun of me and how obsessed with chapstick (mainly Bonne Bell Lip Smackers) I was as a kid.  Some things never change!  This month my only "product" favorites are both lip products.

The one on the left is a L'oreal lipstick in the color Fairest Nude.  It is gorgeous!!!!  I'm not a big lipstick fan but I do own probably ... um, I would say like 8-10 lipsticks and this one is by far my favorite!  It is one of those "my lips but better" colors!  The name is Fairest Nude but it isn't too pale like some nudes can be.  It doesn't wash me out or look dead.  I highly recommend it!  Plus, it has a yummy fruity/vanilla-y smell!  Yum!

The one on the right is Fresh Sugar's Lip Balm in Coral which is new this season.  This is a great product!  Very moisturizing, great sheer coral color, yummy citrus scent, and it has SPF!  It's great!



Another favorite this month is making friendship bracelets!  For some reason I find this to be very therapeutic!  Plus, it just brings back great memories of church camp making these with friends.  Here is the link to the tutorial I used for these:friendship bracelets




Want to know how to make this gooey deliciousness??  Well, you're in luck!  I wanted to share with you the recipe I made Dave for his birthday last week.  It was delish!!!

The original recipe can be found here:funfetti bars



Start by placing foil on the bottom of a 9 x 13 in pan and then greasing the foil.


I guess I should tell you before I forget - you need to preheat the oven to 350!  Ok, next, in a large mixing bowl add 1 box of Funfetti cake mix, 1 egg, 1 stick of unsalted butter (softened), and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.  Mix together.  The dough will be kind of sticky.


Press the dough mixture on the bottom of the prepared pan.



Look at me getting all fancy with my pictures!  Haha! Next, measure out about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup each shredded coconut, butterscotch chips, and semi sweet chocolate chips.


Sprinkle across the top of the funfetti dough.


Here comes the best part (according to Dave)!  Mix one can sweetened condensed milk with 1/3 - 1/2 cup Biscoff Spread (or any other cookie butter you might have).  YUM!


Mixing up the goodness!


Drizzle the mixture over top of the bars.  Pop it in the oven and bake for about 20-15 minutes.


While it's baking enjoy spoonfuls of the Biscoff Spread straight from the jar!  Haha!
Happy Birthday, Dave!

*Note:  I'm not sure that I would use the foil on the bottom of the pan next time I make this.  It made it very difficult to remove the pieces of the bars from the pan.  (hence no pictures of the bars outside of the pan).



No comments:

Post a Comment