Tuesday, July 17, 2012

2 New Recipes! Dinner and Dessert!


Hi there!  I have two delicious recipes for you today!  That's what happens when I have two days off from work in a row!  Monday morning I got a text from my boss that I didn't need to come in that day - sweet!!!!  I will ALWAYS welcome an unexpected day off!  I knew right away that I was going to spend some of my free time in the kitchen!  I saw these cake batter pretzel bites on The Domestic Rebel
blog and have been wanting to make them ever since!  I see SO many cake batter recipes on Pinterest but not many of them really draw me in but these sure did!  I think it's because of their sweet and salty combo!  I love that!


Start with one box of Funfetti Cake Mix and 1 stick of softened butter.  I just used my hands to mix it all together.


Once the batter is mixed well, take little handfuls and roll them into a ball.


Start making little pretzel sandwiches by squishing the dough balls in between two pretzels.


Place all your pretzel sandwiches on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and freeze for at least an hour.


Melt some white chocolate morsels in the microwave.  Dip the pretzel-wiches in the chocolate and then into the sprinkles.  Place them on the wax paper lined baking sheet and put them back in the freezer to harden.  It's super hot out here in KY so I've been keeping mind in the freezer or refrigerator. They are SO good!  This made 56, no 58 (I forgot I ate 2 in the process of making them) little sandwiches.  I think it all depends how big your batter balls are though!


Next up: Ravioli with Summer Vegetables!  Yum!  This was tonight's dinner!  It was very easy to make!  (I apologize for only taking 3 pictures.  Whenever I make a recipe for the first time I seem to get really involved and forget to take pics)  Anyway, start by boiling 20 oz of refrigerated cheese ravioli according to directions on package.  Meanwhile chop up 2 yellow squash and 4 tomatoes off the vine.


As the ravioli is cooking heat two teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet along with 2 cloves of minced garlic.  Drain and rinse a 15 oz can of chickpeas then add them to the skillet along with the squash and tomatoes.  Add 1/2 teaspoon Thyme and 1/4 teaspoons black pepper.  Cook on medium - high heat for about 7 - 8 minutes or until the vegetables are heated through.


While the veggies are cooking shred 4 cups of spinach.  Once ravioli is finished drain it and return it to the pot.  Add the cooked veggies and the spinach to the pot and mix everything together.  This picture doesn't show it but we also added a handful of parm cheese!  The parm cheese really made this dish!  It was very good, very quick and easy, and pretty healthy!  Dave and I will be making this again soon!  Oh, and it made about 5 or 6 servings.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment