Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weekly Round-Up! Birthday, Magic Mike, etc. . .


I have been so, so, so busy!  I really hope to put up some recipe posts soon!  Between house stuff and just having lots of get togethers during the summer I really haven't had much time to blog.  I'm looking at my calendar right now and these next two weeks are going to be busy as well!  Hopefully things will settle down after that!

So here's what's been happening during the last week . . . 



I turned 28!  Yay!  I had to work on my actual birthday which wasn't very much fun but at least I came home to some treats!


Dave made me a funfetti cake with rainbow chip icing!  (This is all I wanted for my birthday!  Haha!)  And check out my blingin' candles!


Bout to demolish this cake!


The day after my birthday I was off work and so was Dave so we spent the entire day together!  We went to the pool for a few hours and later that night we went out to a fancy shmancy restaurant called The Precinct!  My Mother-in-law got us a gift card for Christmas so we finally put it to use!  I took a few pictures in the restaurant but the lighting was so dim and I didn't want to use my flash (I felt like the restaurant was too fancy to be obnoxious and draw attention to myself with blinding flash) so they didn't turn out well at all.


I'll post one pic though. . . this is a comment card our waiter gave us after our meal.  Do you like my response to "what would you like to see on our next menu?"  More dessert options!  Haha!  I wasn't implying that their dessert options weren't good - because they were amazing!!!  (esp. the chocolate mousse) but there were only 3 choices.  I would have loved to have seen more!  :)


Me and my friend Morgan had been looking forward to seeing Magic Mike all week (well, let's be honest, we've been looking forward to seeing it since we saw the first preview about 2 months ago when we saw The Lucky One in theaters!) but we were so sad when we got to the theater Friday night and found that it was sold out!!!  We were crushed!  But we were proactive and immediately bought tickets for the next night so we wouldn't have any more disappointment!


Look what we have here!  Is that fabric I see??  Yep!  I (well, I should actually say "Jeana" since she's the one making it) already started on the quilt!  We spent two hours at JoAnn Fabrics but we finally got the fabric picked out!  I am so excited an anxious to see the final project!

*My friend Jeana has a blog too!  She is a huge movie buff and she reviews movies after she seems them.  You can check out her blog here:Jeana's Movies)



And then we finally got to see Magic Mike!  We're much happier in this picture!

How was everyone else's week/weekend?  Hope it was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment